You’ll flip over this incredible recipe for Dry Aged Porterhouse Pork Chops with Smokey Apple Compote from Damon & Lu!
- Compart Duroc Dry Aged Porterhouse Pork Chops (www.compartduroc.com)
- Croix Valley Sweet Heat BBQ Dry Rub or Pork Rub Recipe (below)
- Canola oil
- 5 large apples
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Garlic
- 1 cup Granulated Onion
- 1 cup Salt
- 1/4 cup Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Paprika
- 2 tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
Another great recipe from Damon & Lu
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Oil and lightly rub both sides of pork chops. Cover and allow to come to room temperature while cooking apples.
- Peel , core, and dice apples into thick chunks.
- Place apples in cold cast iron pan and put on bottom grate of grill. Cook until tender (appx. 15 minutes).
- Add sugar and cinnamon to apples. Combine and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Remove apple compote from heat and cover.
- Place chops on top grill grate. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flip and cook an additional 8-10 minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Remove pork from grill and allow meat to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with apple compote and enjoy!
Savor & enjoy the Dry Aged Porterhouse Pork Chops with Smokey Apple Compote!