Buffalo Chicken Wings have been a popular bar food for years, deep fried and slathered in Buffalo Hot Sauce. The heat from the cayenne pepper sauce buffered with melted butter is the perfect eat-as much-as-you-can appetizer for snacking. My recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatballs is a fusion of the Buffalo Wing appetizer and Italian Meatballs. The addition of herbs and spices into this dish makes for an amazing treat you’ll want to make again and again.
Yield: 12-15 meatballs | Serves: 12-15
- 1.75 pounds chicken thighs (boneless & skinless)
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup Hot Sauce
- ½ cup Butter
- Blue cheese salad dressing
Another great recipe from Damon & Lu
- Place chicken and egg in food processor and chop.
- Combine with bread crumbs, onion, garlic, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Form into golf ball size meatballs (appx. 12-15 meatballs). Place three meatballs together on a skewer.
- Place on 375⁰ grill over indirect heat, turning every 4-5 minutes. Cook until they are firm to the touch and reach an internal temperature of 165⁰.
- Heat hot sauce and butter in saucepan until melted and fully combined to make Buffalo Sauce.Baste meatballs with Buffalo Sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing.